I'm trying to find a creative outlet for the many frustrations I feel day to day. Here's a short list of the things I am constantly thinking about and have opinions on:
- Being blacktina in a city like Portland
- Being passionate about education and feeling like I am such a small voice and I can't make change
- Love. Love is pain.
- How challenging it can be to date white men
- What it's like to date in the digital age, and dating while brown
- Microaggressions and their impact on society
- My future as an educator -- do I really desire to be an upper admin? Is that where the change happens?
- I want a fulfilling career but I also want a family, why does it feel like I have to choose one?
- Multiracial identity problems
- Women and the double standards surrounding desiring sex
- Being a cat lady
- How crippling student loan debt is holding Americans prisoner
...aahhhh the list just goes on! So, I'm going to explore some of these topics in the coming weeks. I can't promise that the words will make very much sense, and I can't promise they'll be credible in an academic sense. Sometimes you just need to pour your heart out, and it might not seem rational but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel real. Let's see how this goes.
I'm going to update my profile to reflect the new part of my life that I'm in. Quarter life crisis blogging: COMMENCE!