Money CAN Buy Love!

  • 0
So I was thinking today about one of my recently favorite movies, "The Nanny Diaries" and how Grover (the kid) is talking to Annie (the nanny) about how when he grows up he wants to have a huge beach house. Mind you, this kid's parents are crazy rich, so living in the life of luxury is not uncommon for him. Then Annie responds, "Just remember Grove, Money Can't Buy Love" but then Grover responds "Yeah but mommy pays you money and I love you!"

At first glance you'd think, "haha, dumb kid, he doesn't know what he's talking about"

But think about it.

Let's break down this statement into an equation:
You use money for ____ and you LOVE _____ so Money does in fact buy Love



Let's take my situation. I use money to go to JMU, and I LOVE JMU, so Money buys love. Think about it! It's so true right? It's okay you can nod, I won't think you're vapid. Everyone says, "pfft, Money can't buy love" but look at that a little closely. You love your house, paid with money, you love your car, paid with money, you love ____, paid with money. Personally, if someone threw me a million dollars I'd take it an run! I could pay off my college loans and put a down payment on a home in a heart beat! Oooh how lovely life would be.

Sure, sure, you could twist it and say "well you can't buy the love of your life" as in a "partner" if you will , a husband or wife, but really that's the only exception. Family is an exception. Let's be real though, Friends aren't. If you have money you can "buy" lots of friends, figuratively speaking more than literally.

My point is, when in a lot of debt from college loans like I am, the love that my mom gives me telling me "it's gonna be okay" and consoling me is a temporary fix, but it just won't do. I need money, and lots of it. And if you try to tell me that "Money can't buy Happiness" too I'll laugh in your face because I'd be MUCH happier if I had it. Trust me. Look, what I'm getting at is stop lying to yourself! You don't have to be ashamed to admit that you'd be much happier if you didn't have negative numbers in your bank account, it's okay we won't judge you! I think it's human. What do you think?

Oh whatever Beatles, You think you know it all...



Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment