New eyeshadow shade: confidence

  • 0
I'm trying this new shade of eyeshadow these days - it's called confidence. Have you heard of it?

I've never been the girl that likes to wear makeup. I remember back in 6th grade when I was peer pressured to want to wear makeup, and of course since my mom wouldn't let me wear it I wanted to wear it even more. Then one day I saw a picture of myself in the makeup and I freaked out because I felt like I looked like a total clown with it on. It wasn't until college that I started wearing it again. In fact, I started wearing it because I worked in an office the summer before my junior year, and my mom told me it was "unprofessional" to show up to work without makeup.

Ever since then I've tried experimenting with makeup. I've thought about it a lot and I have thought out loud to myself, "why do I want to wear makeup so bad these days?" After much thought, I realized that when I wear makeup I do feel a little more confident. Obviously I'm not talking about looking like Snooki with her dark eyes and fake lashes, but I mean just a gentle, bronze glow look.

In the fall when I start my new job, I know I'm going to have to dress business casual (just like I do here at DHS) and I want to match a well done face with a well done outfit. I've always been sort of against makeup because it made me look too much older, but it's finally time for me to accept the fact that I'm 22 going on 23, and I need to look the part. So Mary Kay, do me up girl because I wanna be fabulous when I step back on that campus!

In the spirit of Tacos,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment