R.I.P. Smokey February 2nd, 2010

  • 1
On February 2nd, 2010 at 12:30pm my next door neighbor back at home passed away.

He has been fighting stomach cancer for a little over a year now, but it just got the best of him today. He was truly a fighter in every sense of the word, staying strong for his wife and for his friends, and taking care of himself to try to improve his health. He went through many tests and operations this year and every time he'd come home he'd still have a smile on his face and a joke or story to tell. Once he was well enough from the operations he would hop right back onto his Harley Davidson and drive down rt 81 for hours just enjoying the scenery. He truly represents someone that I admire for his strength and his general outlook on life. I hope to one day be as strong as him when fighting an illness, it's something I aspire to be.

I've been truly blessed to have known Smokey for the past 3 years. I'll miss visiting him on a random weekday to talk about movies or politics or just to sit and play with his dogs. Smokey and his wife Lori have always welcomed the Avalos family into their homes with open arms, and I admire that about them. They truly represented what it meant to be "good neighbors." I hope that now in these times of grief we can do a good job in opening our arms up to Lori and her family.

Smokey, you really meant a lot to me, and I will always remember your kind words and guidance. I know that now you're happy and free and you'll be watching over us. I can't wait to see you again in Heaven. Love and miss you forever.

Peace & Love,
Candace

1 comment:

  1. This was beautiful Taco! I'm terribly sorry for you and your family's loss, but know that he is in a much better place now, a place where cancer and pain no longer exists.

    Stay strong Babylove! And I'm here if you need me...

    ReplyDelete