Finding Purpose Through Vi(Mis)sion

  • 0
So, what is my purpose on this planet?


For one of my graduate classes I am writing up a personal mission and vision statement about my aspirations as a person and student affairs professional. I have been doing a lot of reflecting on who I want to become and what kind of professional I want to be and then I remembered that I once wrote a mission my senior year of college in Dr. Warner's leadership class, so naturally I pulled it out. 


Here's what it said:


C is for caring for others unconditionally
A is for advocating for those who need heroes
N is for never giving up when trying to achieve a goal, even when facing adversity
D is for dedicating time out of every day to remind someone why they are important to you
A is for actively listening and always having a shoulder for someone to lean on
C is for creating an environment where people feel they can approach you
E is for embracing every day with a positive attitude


Yes it's a pretty long mission statement, but I did really feel every word I put into it. So now I am tasked with finding a new mission and/or modifying what I came up with. The fact of the matter is that I have done a lot of growing since my senior year so I felt it was time for a change. Below is what I came up with - what do you think? Does it fit me? 

My Mission
To live life completely, thoughtfully, creatively, and passionately with a healthy dose of realism mixed with imagination and a never-ending advocacy for any voice left unheard.

My Vision
I am a creative soul with an undying passion to empower and inspire others to pursue their dreams.

I believe that every single person can create their destiny and make a meaningful impact on themselves and their community.

And therefore I amplify the voices of soft spoken heroes and tirelessly advocate for voices left unheard to create positive change.


No comments:

Post a Comment