Bachelor Finale: Biracial love!

  • 0
So today was the last night for the Bachelor with Sean Lowe! What a journey it's been and I think my favorite part of it has been sharing the fun and gossip about the show with my fellow CSPAers! What am I going to do without my female CSPA camaraderie every Monday night?

Yes, of course I'm tweeting. #CSPAbachelorwatchparty #thebachelor #curlyhairdontcare
Anyway, I have become emotionally attached to the lives of these girls, mostly out of curiosity as to who in their right mind would want to go on a show like this?! Though, we are trying to get Emily to do the show because she'd be SO perfect - she'd win America's heart, stay out of drama by eating ice cream, becoming best friends with all the girls in the house, and then she couldn't lose because if she got the man, she won, and if she didn't win the man, she'd totes be the next Bachelorette! Stay tuned for a status update on her application for the 2014 season. 

Now, announcing the brand new winner of the Bachelor (and Sean Lowe's sexy, muscular bod-- uhh, I mean heart) ....... drumroll please .................

Catherine Giudici

I am BEYOND excited for Sean choosing Catherine! I've loved her from the very beginning because she tended to stay out of the drama and it looked like she made Sean feel like a human being, and not just a Bachelor robot making the motions of any other reality TV personality. That's what I connected the most with about her: she was just always so real, so genuine, so authentic, so Catherine! 

Now, I'm not a Bachelor expert as I have certainly not been watching for the last 11 years consistently (in fact, I don't think I've watched anything that consistently, not even Spongebob Squarepants), but is Catherine the first winner that is a person of color? I won't even lie to you, aside from all of the other things that make me love Catherine, I'm just so happy that a half Filipina won Sean's heart! I remember earlier in the season when Robyn sat Sean down and asked him what he thought of dating a person of color, and he said that the color didn't matter and that he loved all girls the same. He even said he dated a black girl before, which blew my mind! Blonde haired blue eyed Sean dated a black girl?! There's clearly hope for me then!!! 


As a blacktina, obviously multiracial ethnicity is something special to me and I'm just so happy to have seen on national TV a couple come together from different walks of life. It's important to me because I don't often see role models of biracial relationships in the media, and as a biracial person I often feel left out. You only see white people with white people and black people with black people and latino people with latino people, etc. I just don't feel so constricted by my race when it comes to love and it hurts when I hear people say things like "if I brought someone home of [enter race that is not their own], my parents would kill me!" I will never raise my kids to believe that the color of someone's skin (or their gender!!!) matters one single bit when it comes to loving someone. I'm just happy that we are starting to see some non-traditional relationships on commercials, in TV shows, etc! 

So basically, long story short:



+


=



Good luck to you both, Catherine and Sean! 
Thank you for reminding me that 
love does come in different colors


Peace ,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment