Doritos Locos Tacos: Cool Ranch

  • 0
I'm sure you're wondering, "Candace, the name of your blog is 'Confessions of a Tacoholic' and you haven't made a single post that is taco related!"

You would be right. But do not fret, because here it comes. After much anticipation, the Doritos Locos Cool Ranch tacos have finally come out, and you better believe I was scrounging up every last dime I had to buy a taco twelve pack (Yes I shared with Grandma, I'm not that cruel y'all). 



Now I know that companies try to build a bunch of hype around their new products, and more often than not the product is underwhelming. I'm definitely not the kind of person who gets overly hype about new stuff, but I do make exceptions for things that are taco related and android phone related. I stared at the twelve tacos and my stomach grumbled with excitement because I have seriously been waiting for this for a LONG time. 



When the original Doritos Locos Nacho tacos came out, I was excited, and I tried them, but the first thing I said when I took a bite was "I bet these would be better if it were Cool Ranch." THE TACO GODS HEARD ME SPEAK AND THEY ANSWERED MY PRAYER. Taco Gods don't disappoint. 

Alright, enough of that, let's get to the actual taste and review of these taco shaped pieces of heaven.


Even though I'm a sauce boss, I decided to take a bite sans sauce to get the full effect of the flavor. I probably smiled when I took that bite, and I probably looked creepy as hell. It's hard to not love that bite if you're a true cool ranch fan. You can taste it immediately, and combining it with the mixin's and fixin's of the taco, well, it's just too good to be true. Remember that this is coming from a girl who loves to dip her cool ranch Doritos into chili & cheese when I get a hot dog from 7-11. I only did that once though. Or 47 times. Who's counting? 

Here's the thing, if you don't already like Taco Bell's tacos, you can't expect that the cool ranch shell is going to miraculously make you enjoy them. If you're one of those people who goes "Argh! Taco Bell has Grade D beef! It's unhealthy for you! It tastes like hell froze over! Gargh!" then you're probably not gonna like it. So relax, no one is forcing you to eat them, you damn pirates! However, if you are a taco enthusiast like me who enjoys trying all tacos from different lands, then yes, this taco is a MUST try in the next few weeks! After the first bite I took, I did drench it in taco sauces and it just made it even better! 

So there you have it, my semi-professional-but-not-really opinion on the new Doritos Locos Cool Ranch tacos. So what are you waiting for? Sitting here reading this blog post? It's over now, so go to the nearest Taco Bell immediately! Go, Go, Go! Unless you're one of those pirates I quoted earlier, in which case, I'm sorry your life lacks flavor.


♥ Love at first bite 


Peace ,
Candace


No comments:

Post a Comment