"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"

  • 2
I just came across this video below and it goes without saying that I'm distraught, emotional, and sobbing. Naturally. 


Fiona inspires me. The people who rescued her inspire me. Compassion inspires me. Unconditional love for our furry friends inspires me. 

As you all know, I'm a proud cat mom of two loves of my life. Both of my kitties were rescues too, Valentino and Muñeca. It hurts me so much to think that both of my cats could have starved, been abused, or euthanized if I hadn't stepped in to bring them into my life. Not only rescue, but adoption inspires me too. There are so many animals and people desperately waiting for help, and some of them will never get it. If I could, trust me, I'd save them all, and I promise you I won't stop fighting to save them. 

Most people often make fun of me for being so "optimistic" or "hippie-ish" or "emotional" but what is so wrong about those things? What's so wrong about caring about the people who inhabit this world? What's so wrong about feeling pain of others? What's so wrong about dreaming big? I know that I have lofty ideas of what life should be sometimes, but I always grew up being told that "one person can make a difference." Was I the only one that actually believed it when they told me that? I could sit here and list for days all of the people who felt the same way and made that difference. But what people often forget too is that yes, there are those inspirational people that made a difference, but just because one person can inspire a change does not mean they did it all by themselves. We hear people tell us "you can make a difference" and we automatically hear "....but you have to do it all by yourself" which is so far from the truth. You'd be amazed at how many people you can get behind you if you speak up and say you want to change something. 

So what's the point of this late night rant, you ask? I'm in a transitioning time of my life right now where I feel like I need purpose in my life. Watching that video reminded me to be passionate about the things I care about. It reminded me that my voice is enough - it's more than enough. It reminded me that life means more than daunting tasks, job searches, broken relationships, and mundane routines. It reminded me how lucky I am to be surrounded by people who are passionate too. Obviously not everyone will connect with me and feel this same passion for animals like I do, but the point is that it doesn't matter what you're passionate about, it just matters that you are. It matters that you care about something and you do something about it. I am young, I am fearless, and I am ready to seek out my passions. Are you?

In the words of John Lennon, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." 
Dream on, friends. 

Peace ,
Candace

2 comments:

  1. Pinterest quote - "It's a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together."

    ReplyDelete