25 Things About Me

  • 0
Learn more about me in 25 statements, easy right?

1. I love to quote things. Whether that be movies, people, television, books, eavesdropping, facebook walls, ANYTHING, I'll quote it. Anything that will help me remember something that made me laugh or smile :)

2. I really want to go to clown school, like my Mom did. She made bank by dressing up and actin' a fool for rich people, lol.

3. It's hard for me to be consistent with tv shows. I'll really like a show but totally forget to watch it every Sunday at 9 or every Thursday at 8. Besides, I like cartoons much better than sitcoms.

4. I chose JMU as my number one school before I even learned more about it or even visited. My AP Biology teacher, Wing, was a JMU graduate and she talked about it all the time. I decided I wanted to go somewhere that I would remember forever--and I've loved it since the beginning.

5. When I grow up I want to be a Spanish High School teacher. I want to be a Student Council sponsor, or a step team coach or maybe even the Foreign Language National Honor Society sponsor.

6. I chose peace almost 2 years ago and I haven't looked back since. I love everything that it stands for--throwing up the peace sign is not just a fad, it's a way of living!

7. Yes, I am a vegetarian. Why? Lots of reasons. It happened on June 21st, 2007, and so far so good. I don't really care what other people say about it, it's my decision and I'm sticking by it!

8. I love Guatemala. I talk about it all the time and I'm proud to be an Avalos. I come from an immigrant family so I'm a hardcore immigrant rights activist. And yes, I'm also fluent in Spanish.

9. My favorite foods are rice, beans, quesadillas, spicy black bean burgers, burritos, tamales, chuchitos, atole de elote, rellenitos, and most vegetables and fruits. Yes, my Grandma cooked for me for most of my life, so I prefer authentic Latino foods <3>

10. I love the sisterhood of Delta Gamma. It's nothing that I ever thought I'd be a part of, but I'm truly happy I chose the sorority life. It's not all as bad as everyone says, ya gotta try it to get it.

11. Soccer runs through my veins. I played ever since I could walk because my Grandpa taught me -- he was a professional soccer player in Guatemala. I played for my high school team as a goalie. I wish I still played, and I think about it a lot actually.

12. I have an eclectic music taste. I like everything from classic rock to merengue to emo music to salsa to Britney Spears to Gogol Bordello to Selena to indie music to country to Kanye to N'Sync. Seriously, I like it all.

13. Along with soccer, I've been dancing since I could walk. I used to go to my godparents house every weekend for their parties and dance my little booty off. If nothing else will cheer me up, dancing will.

14. My favorite colors are green, purple, and orange -- the secondary colors. I'm obsessed, most things that I own are in these colors. If you know me, you'll know that this is very true. My favorite of the three is definitely green, I mean, my laptop is green. Seriously.

15. I want to join the peace corps one day. It's been my dream for the last couple of years, and I can't wait to experience it. I've heard so many great things from other people, and I can't wait to have my chance to make a difference in the world.

16. I have a messed up family. I'm talking, crazy wacko family. But I love it all. We fight but we make up. It runs in the Avalos family. That's how we do.

17. I love student government. Ever since 10th grade in high school. It's just, my thing I guess. I don't know what I would do without it. So if you need answers, I'm your girl.

18. Psychology fascinates me -- everything about it! It's such a new science and there's so much to learn, but I just can't get enough of it. My favorite being cultural psychology. It's just fascinating to learn about how people think about culture and identity. You'd be surprised.

19. I have an embarrassing laugh. It's so loud and obnoxious that people can hear me miles away. My mom keeps trying to make me change my laugh, but it's just a part of me that I can't let go. And I find many things very funny so you'll hear it on a regular basis. I'm not ashamed.

20. I am obsessed with school supplies. I've roamed staples and office depots for hours at a time. Whenever I went to the grocery store with my mom, I would stand in the school supplies section for several minutes at a time. Organizing office supplies is my favorite thing in the world.

21. I love my cat. Her name is Muneca. She makes me so happy. I've had her ever since I was in 5th grade. She understands me, seriously. When I'm sad, she knows it, and she'll lay with me and hug me, literally, she will hug me. We are like the same person it's nuts. We have the exact same personality.

22. I have had my teddy bear Hughbert for 8 years now. I got him in 7th grade from a guest speaker that came to my school to talk about drugs. I talked to him after the presentation and told him how inspired I was by his story, and by 5th period he came back with a huge teddy bear. I've loved him ever since.

23. People often tell me I'm too obsessed with Facebook, and guess what, they're right! But I see facebook as so much more than just a social networking site. I'm actually planning on taking a cyber psychology class to learn more about the crazy things going on with our relationships with people and technology -- it fascinates me!

24. I love movies. I re-watch movies all the time. I quote movies in everyday conversation -- I'd like to think it's a talent. I also work at a movie theatre so it makes sense.

25. I am a little crazy, intense, and silly. And no, I'm not ashamed of it. Life's too short to be taken too seriously, so letting loose is one of my specialties. I take life day by day, and so far it's working out for me <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment