Crashing is nothing like the movies

  • 0
So I crashed today. WHAT A NIGHTMARE.

I was almost home and I was driving on I-495 and I was literally one or two exits away from my exit and we were in a lot of traffic. This was my first day of work at PGCTF and I had been struggling all day to stay awake due to a work product that I hadn't quite finished and I spent a lot of my night before working on it. I was so tired to the point that I basically fell asleep at the wheel, and going about 25-30 MPH I crashed into a white van in front of me. It had 2 construction workers in it, and they were unharmed and their car barely had a scratch - but not mine. My whole bumper collapsed and green juice was leaking from the car. It also disconnected the battery so all power went out immediately. I freaked out for a second because I couldn't unlock my door and I thought it was trapped, but I didn't realize that I needed to unlock my door manually, lol.

I am safe though, I only got a bruised up knee and a bruised boob (awkward). I miss my peace mobile though, I hope she's okay at the junkyard. I had to have my dad's coach come pick me up because of course this happens to me when my family is away on vacation. And my phone was completely dead and I had no idea why - I found out later that it was because phones lose battery really quickly when they are fighting to get service. I didn't have service all day in the building I was in so I guess that's what did it for me.

What a great way to start my first day of work right? Check out some damages here: http://twitpic.com/21tdbh
And now I'm off to find a new car and figure out how I'm going to make it through my first week of work with no car. BLEH.

Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment