SGA, You've been good to me...

  • 0

As graduation quickly approaches I've been reflecting on the biggest part of my JMU career: the Student Government Association. After the SGA Annual Banquet I had a bittersweet taste in my mouth. I feel that I accomplished almost every goal that I set for myself when it came to SGA, but I also felt that there was so much more potential for years to come.

It's hard to let it go because I've grown so fond of everything about SGA, even the parts that seem scary or difficult. Working with the media has become so much easier, and it really helped me grow in a professional way. Also, creating relationships with higher administration was scary at first, but now that I've been doing it all year I feel very accomplished and a lot more confident when presenting myself in front of a crowd of seemingly intimidating individuals. Dealing with inter-organizational conflict has been a strength that I've slowly acquired this year and I think that it will really help me in my future endeavors as I take on new challenges and work in groups of new and different types of people.

One thing that I'm especially sad is having to leave all of the close friendships I've made this year in SGA - especially from the freshmen! They have so much ahead of them and I'm 1. completely jealous but 2. extremely excited to see how they transform SGA in their own image as their college career continues.

I've put 4 good years into this organization, and it's only given me back everything I could have ever dreamed of. You were good to me SGA, I can't wait to come back as an alumna and see what new challenges you all can overcome. I have the utmost confidence in you all. Good luck!

Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment