A "green" Random Act of Kindness

  • 0
Today, almost everything wasn't going my way at all.

I found out that I missed an important deadline
I got a $125 parking ticket (even though it's unjust because I went and got a temporary pass this morning)
I wasn't feeling too well all day
I had to do a makeup assignment for a class
I learned that I might have to make one of the hardest life decisions tomorrow

...the list goes on.
(However, I will say, University Unions did a fantastic job of bringing me up a little today with my going away cake since tomorrow is my last day, and I love them a lot and will miss them dearly)

But there was a bit of silver lining on my dark, gloomy cloud (which was quite convenient that my mood was matching the dark weather outside). Every week a Stone Gate employee takes down my recycling bin from outside of my door and puts it on the curb so it can be picked up, which I greatly appreciate might I add. However, sometimes it can be a bit annoying when I don't realize they did that and of course when I have the most recyclables to throw away, I realize my bin is missing from outside of my door. Usually I'll have to make the trek downstairs to retrieve it with a sigh of grief.

But someone knew I was going to need something to smile about today, and they clearly must have felt it. Today, for the first time I actually noticed that the recycling was downstairs, and noticed my batch of recyclables which included soda bottles, keystone cans, a milk jug, frozen meal boxes, and several cans of fruits and veggies (yes, that was your free insight into what I eat and drink). I brought a new recycling bin upstairs only to find that someone had already brought one back up for me. I'm assuming that it was the same person that brought it down, because 1817K has been a faithful recycler this year, and we're pretty much the only apartment that brings a bin upstairs so that we can stay on top of our recycling. {We keep it green here in 1817K! #environmentalresponsibilitysaywha?!} Talk about day changing.

Thank you, whoever you are out there, for your environmentally friendly Random Act of Kindness today. I really wish I was still in Dr. Warner's class so I could write an essay about this, but a blog post is the best way I can express my gratitude at the moment. I think before I leave on Saturday I'm going to write a little note and place it on the bin just to say thanks. Keep changing people's days, they'll never forget you for it.

Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment