Internet Addiction Hypocrisy

  • 0
When you point a finger, 3 fingers are pointing right back at you.

I am really sick and tired of people judging me and calling me an "internet addict" and that I "have a problem." The reason it bothers me is not because I don't agree that I love the internet and use it every single day and depend on it. I don't know what I'd do without my email, or my internet. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't gchat everyday, or browse the web on my droid. I do depend on it very heavily - but I'm not the only one.

It's funny to me that you judge me saying that I'm on facebook too much or that I love the internet too much, you, the person with the iphone, the droid, or the blackberry. You, the person who wakes up and uses the internet to check the weather and the news. You that uses the internet on your phone or your computer to look up a funny quote or look up a picture. You that checks the movie schedule for the theatre online. You that updates your fantasy football charts online. You that youtubes your favorite shows and videos for a good laugh. You, that lives on the internet in just as many ways, if not more, than I do.

People complain to me saying that I tweet too much or I use facebook too much, and that I'm way too addicted to the internet, but the fact of the matter is that they are giant hypocrites - and that's what I absolutely cannot stand. Everyone uses internet differently: for me, I prefer to use it for social media because I love to connect with many friends. I'm a personable person, so I enjoy contact with people that I cannot physically meet all the time. That's the beauty of the internet - staying connected with whoever and whatever at all times. So whether that be staying connected with the college friends you miss now that you graduated, or staying up to date with your favorite football team, or staying current by reading the news, or watching your favorite old TV shows - it's all the internet, and we all need it. We all couldn't live without it. We all have the right to use the internet for what we so choose, and we all should be given the freedom to do that without being judged or hassled for it.

That's my stance on the issue. I'm very passionate about this because I am constantly fighting with people about it. Get your hands off my facebook and off my twitter, they are mine to enjoy and you all can truly go screw yourselves if you have a problem with it.

Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment