Double Dominion Titan!

  • 0
Today I got a call from Christie in the Loudoun County Public Schools Personnel Office to offer me the teaching assistant position for ESL at Dominion High School!

Sure, it doesn't pay too well, and sure, it's not a full teacher position YET, but it's a foot in the door in education and hopefully this time next year I can be prepared to teach in my very own classroom. I'll start off teaching English as a Second Language but eventually I want to be a Spanish teacher. I'm definitely enjoying the comfort of being back at my old high school because I already love my principal and I always have, and I love a lot of my colleagues because they were my old teachers, and I'm obviously loving the 2 minute commute versus the 3 hour commute I was making everyday to Maryland!

So my journey begins on September 1st. I will make my mark in Loudoun County and hopefully prove to them that I am competent enough to be a teacher someday. I may have had to put my dreams on hold for a minute, but I'm not letting them slip out of my fingers forever. Afterall, I just graduated from college a few months ago, I've got lots of life to live and you better believe I'm gonna live it well.

Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment