Soon to be Double Duke

  • 0
You're looking at a new JMU Class of 2013 College Student Personnel Administration graduate student!

After many months of thought and preparation, applications and interviews, and nervousness, I have finally been accepted James Madison University's Graduate School. I will be completely honest, I had several doubts that this day would ever come. My college GPA wasn't too stellar due to my overindulgence in extracurricular activities, so I didn't really think I was graduate school material. Thank god I was wrong.

Now that I'm about to embark on a whole new journey, I'm frantically trying to re-set up my life again. It feels like I'm a college senior preparing for JMU all over again. However this time I feel much more prepared, I'm not worried about not knowing my surroundings, and I am fully confident that I'm pursuing a career that I truly want to be in. It's about time! While I was never one to switch my major often, I did always daydream about all the possible career paths I could take in life. After much research, I've decided that higher ed and student affairs is definitely my calling in life.

Many people have asked me if I'm going to pursue teaching as a career after my master's program is over, and the truth is that I don't know yet. Over the past year I've had an incredible experience getting to learn and get my feet wet in the field of education. I'm considering my master's program yet another opportunity to do the same, but in higher education. I think after these 2 years are over, I'll decide where I officially feel the most comfortable. I've been thinking about it for the last few weeks and I think this may be the beginning of the rest of my life in the sense that I won't want to go back to anything else. Only time will tell.

So now the madness begins. Time to find an apartment, fill out FAFSA forms, organize my bills, work my tail off and save money, and much more. In the end, it all doesn't matter because the only thing that does matter is my much awaited return to THE James Madison University. Go dukes!

In the spirit of tacos,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment