Valentino's Story

  • 2
Introducing the brand new addition to the Avalos feline family...


VALENTINO AVALOS
Here's the story:
I have a b-e-a-utiful cat Muñeca who has been in my life for 13 YEARS. I have loved her so much since the moment she stepped into my life as a baby. All her life she's been pretty healthy minus the obesity part and I have been regularly taking her to the vet for her shots and check ups. Recently she's been barfing all the time and when I told the vet he said it could be a tumor. I was heartbroken. As of right now I'm taking it one day at a time and giving her medicine in hopes that she'll get better and that the vet had it wrong. He only said it was a possibility but the reality is that Muñeca is an old cat now and health complications will occur. 


When I got home that evening I cried and cried in worry for my baby. Mom finally decided that it was time I started bringing another kitty into my life to keep Muñeca and I company during these hard times. At first it was just an idea and then fate stepped in...


Dad saw this ad at his work one day:




I called the man to ask about the cat but he was unavailable so I left him a voicemail. A few days later I received a call back from this man and he told me that he had several people that left him voicemails who were interested in the cat, but out of everyone his children picked me because they felt I would take the best care of the cat just based upon my voice and what I said. Apparently he is very well trained and also brings good luck because since they have owned TJ (his original name) they've won several hundred in lottery tickets and the first week they had him they got a $20 coupon for cat food! And so it has begun.....


I am very happy to bring Valentino into my home because I have so much love to give. I saved him from having to go to a shelter where he might have been euthanized. My mom is giving him to me as an early Valentine's Day present and so it was appropriate that he be named Valentino, which is a common Italian name and is derived from Valentine and Love. 


Don't get it twisted - Muñeca is my first love, and I will continue to love her with every ounce of my being. I hope that she can accept him into her life and love him just like a brother. 


Muñeca, my first love


You can call me a crazy cat lady all you want, but I am not ashamed. I saved Muñeca after being abandoned by her alley cat mother on the streets of D.C. and now I'm saving Valentino from a sad, loveless life in a shelter. Welcome to the family Valentino, we love you!


Cat lady and proud,
Candace

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Candace! You have enough love for both of them for sure and Valentino definitely will have the best home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shae! :) I'm just so happy to be a new cat mommy!

      Delete