True Life: I'm addicted to Lady GaGa

  • 0
Lately I've been addicted to Lady Gaga - I can't help it. So I got to thinking, what is it that really attracts me to her? Here's what I thought up:

1. Her Beats - The tunes on her songs are so different. They're edgy and poppy and disco techno-y, it's a huge mix of beats! Plus, a lot of her song's beats are pretty different and unexpected, although she still holds a level of consistency so that it's not too epileptic sounding.

2. Her Lyrics - "Got my ass squeezed by sexy cupid"? "Vertigo Stick"? "Can't read my poker face"? C'mon, you never know what will hit you in Lady GaGa's songs! That's what I love about it, I love being surprised with a lyric, I love that feeling of going "wait, WHAT?" and having to go home and google the lyrics to make sure I heard correctly. It's exciting!

3. Her Sytle - It's creepy, it's cool, it's sexy, it's disturbing - it's everything! Anyone who has the balls to walk out of the house looking like this earns my respect (in a completely delusional way):

I love fashion that breaks boundaries. Fashion that's inventive and defiant. Fashion that makes people jealous ONLY BECAUSE they know they can't get away with it - who else can wear her clothes honestly! Beyonce tried to in her new song "Video Phone" and frankly I thought it was a disaster. Leave the kooky outfits for the GaGa.

4. Her Rebellion - Celebrities are too safe sometimes. Oh but not Lady GaGa! She'll wear leotards in public, speak openly about gay rights, curse on camera, whatever it is, it's awesome. Keep doing it GaGa, us little monsters are eating it all up!

Now put it all together and what do you get?


Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment