Christmas Overview 2009

  • 0
Today was Christmas. Boy was it a wild ride of emotions! We opened presents today at midnight. We didn't do too many gifts this year, the economy has hit the Avalos family pretty badly. I got some deodorant, lotions, hair products, socks, some gift cards, fleece PJ pants, and a sweater. The sweater was definitely my favorite. I'm sure I'll be wearing it at least once a week for the rest of the winter. JMU is gonna get sick of this big ball of red and blue yarn, trust me.

I think we're coming to terms as a family that Christmas from now on will be very small. It's nice that the boys are starting to get it, so they aren't too demanding. The youngest is 10, so they're growing up. My mom still went out and bought gifts even though we told her not to! Erick was a little sad because he said we didn't have enough Christmas spirit, so mom went out and bought gifts. I don't think Christmas spirit = go buy gifts, but that's just me. It was good all in all, but again, like last year, mom didn't get a lot of presents - only ones from her job. I felt bad but I just couldn't afford it. I have $20 to my name, and I have a $460 rent bill due the first. FML.

Christmas day was pretty lazy, we kind of just sat around and watched movies. I mean, in my world that's a day well spent, but that's just because I can be a couch potato sometimes. Then later, my brother's MMA coach took them to watch Avatar, and then Jr texts me to say that he's staying at their house for the night. It kind of annoyed me, considering it's Christmas and that's time I believe should be spent with the family. That's a lot coming from me, considering I don't really like my family that much all the time. I mean, if there's one day of the year that you should all like each other, it's definitely Christmas. Oh well, I was tired of the Cabin Fever so I watched NINE - good movie, please watch it!

Now I'm sitting in my bed, watching 80s movies until I fall asleep. Christmas this year was pretty calm and still jam packed with emotions (mom gave me pep talks that I really didn't want) but overall I guess it was alright. Honestly, it's just another day, not too exciting really. Anyway, I hope y'all had a good Christmas!

Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment