Too old for Halloween?

  • 1
Apparently, you can never be too old to dress like a skank on Halloween.

This year was my first Halloween in my neighborhood because we moved into this new house when I was a sophomore in college. Since I've been away at JMU, I haven't really gotten a chance to build the close relationships with my neighbors like the rest of my family has. I found out that apparently the man across the street has an annual Halloween party where he invites a bunch of friends, makes a ton of food, and the only entrance fee is a bottle of your favorite liquor and a costume. I decided to go to this Halloween bash on Friday the 29th, and I was very amazed with what I found...

First of all, the house was decorated so beautifully and I was impressed with their dedication to the party. We dropped off our bottle of liquor and I started to look around. The very first thing I saw was a group of women that had to have been in their mid 30s to 40s in extremely short skirts for their "costumes." I felt like I was at JMU all over again but with MUCH older women who were highly inappropriate. I guess I've just gotten so used to seeing the typical college girl wearing next to nothing as an excuse for the holiday celebrations, but I thought that when you graduated from college that all changed. Boy was I wrong.

It only got worse the next day. On Saturday I went with some high school friends to a bar in Reston to check out the Halloween scene. None of us was dressed in a scandalous outfit, in fact, I was a monk this year, and we were curious to see what other "adults" were dressing like these days. It was more like what these adults WEREN'T wearing that was worrying us. My gosh, I could talk forever about the different types of people I saw at this bar. I did a lot of reflecting the next day because I was just so amazed at how some people continued to act even as adults. I guess I've just been expecting this huge change in people once they graduate, but it's clearly not there. It's not all bad though, I did enjoy myself with these older folks who were still trying to act like they were in college hahaha. It was just a strange experience I suppose.

Anyway, I guess all this means is you can be 40 and still wear a slutty Halloween costume. You may be judged but hey, it's a free country so whatever. Let it out sexy mama!

Peace & Love,
Candace

1 comment:

  1. It's so true girl, I'm 38 and wore a short skirt costume this year and sometimes I party like I'm in college!! Wheeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete