No more ultimatums for me

  • 0
Today, my grandma came into my room trying to barge in because she wanted to talk to me about how she didn't think I should be going out for a fourth of July party. I was in the middle of getting dressed as I just came out of the shower, and she tried to break in so she could sit on my bed. I told her no because I wasn't dressed and she pulled the whole "I wiped your butt when you were a baby, it's nothing I haven't seen!" - no Grandma, that's where you're VERY wrong. See, things change in 21 years, and no it's not the same as when I was a baby...

But that wasn't the biggest problem. The biggest issue was that she was giving me a damn ultimatum just because she was my grandma. The hardest thing about growing up and moving back home is that your parents (and grandparents in this case) don't realize that you have grown up and you aren't just going to "follow rules" blindly just because you're the "kid." She wanted to come and tell me that I couldn't go to the 4th of July celebration at my best friend's house because she thought I needed to be doing X, Y, and Z (the details don't really matter). I had to give her some tough love and tell her that she can't run my life like that anymore. Yeah, she hasn't talked to me in days. hahahaha. What are ya gonna do though?

Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person that needs to make a point, even if it means people like my grandma don't talk to me for a few days. Maybe I should stop that habit...? Nah!

Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment