Bye Bye Commonwealth One

  • 0
Bye Bye Commonwealth One and HELLO PNC!

When I went to college I didn't have a bank account, and the first thing my mom and I did was go to Commonwealth One (since it was on campus) to create my very first bank account. At that point what did I know about banks? Nothing. So I went along with it and they've been good to me over the past 4 years, even though I haven't necessarily been so good to them... (let's be real, financial trouble is my middle name). The only problem is that they're so unaccessible here in Northern Virginia. It was conveniant having a bank on campus for the last 4 years since I spent most of my time on campus, but now that I'm back in the 703 that isn't going to work anymore!

I did a poll on my facebook to see what kinds of banks everyone. The overwhelming majority of people had Wachovia, but some people had Bank of America and talked about how crappy the bank was. Others had SunTrust and BB&T but I loved what I heard from the people that had PNC. A lot of them loved their bank and they talked about the virtual wallet program that PNC has which basically makes it a bajillion times easier for you to organize your finances online. That works so much better for me because one of the downsides of Commonwealth is that the online services were lacking, and I had a limited amount of online transfers. No bueno for me because I do most of my financial work online. This isn't the 50s where we all have to write paper checks and fill out forms we get in the mail - and thank God it's not because that's so annoying!

So, in the end, I decided to go orange and become a PNC bank account owner - and so far I'm very happy with their services! Thanks to everyone who gave me recommendations and helpful information :)

Peace & Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment